So what does a Venetian island resident need to do to make sure their annual pass is in place to cruise through un-tolled?
We asked the county, and public works spokewoman Gayle Love provided some answers. We will have to re-register. Here’s Love’s letter:
The County will be sending the renewal applications by the end of January or early February with all the information we currently have in our system. Annual Plan holders should follow these simple steps:
Update the SunPass account. Make sure the SunPass account is current and with a positive balance. Whenever the account becomes negative it automatically invalidates the annual plans and Toll By Plate charges begin accumulating on the customer’s account.
- Have ready the requirements for each plan:
- Venetian Owner. Copy of the property Tax or Warrantee deed, vehicle registration and SunPass number assigned to the vehicle
- Venetian Resident. Major Utility Bill such as FPL or water and sewer with the name and address on any of the Venetian Islands or Driver License reflecting Venetian address if it was issued after January 2010
- Venetian Commuter. Paystub reflecting employment address on the Venetian Causeway or West Ave
- Once the customer receives the application, verify all the information, make any necessary changes and mail the application along with the requirements copy as soon as possible so we can update the account before the bridge reopening.
- Information regarding Online Renewal will be available in the mailing.
- The Division will be sending periodic emails to alert customers when the office will be open extra hours in order to accommodate customers with renewal.
For questions or further clarification, please call the Causeways Division at 305-854-2468 during regular business hours.