We are residents of Belle Isle, and plan to use this blog to update island residents on news and events on our tiny and special island. Along the way, we’ll provide meaningful history, sample our restaurants, rate pools and present issues and observations.
- To add parking and renovate, The Standard wants a zoning change
- Belle Isle polling place moves to City Hall on Tuesday
- Town Hall meeting on Zika tonight at 6 p.m.
- Critical Mass rides on this Friday night; plan your evening driving accordingly.
- Venetian drawbridge construction starts soon, and here’s how to learn more about it
- Guilty plea for man caught on video delivering fatal blow September 30, 2016
- More Zika mosquitoes captured in Miami Beach, county says October 1, 2016
- Slain photographer Andy Sweet’s images of 1970s Miami Beach on display at Cinematheque September 29, 2016
- HBO’s ‘Ballers’ leaving Miami over subsidies and Zika? September 30, 2016
- A little less frat party, a little more class for South Beach’s Ocean Drive September 29, 2016
Belle Isle Archives