We are residents of Belle Isle, and plan to use this blog to update island residents on news and events on our tiny and special island. Along the way, we’ll provide meaningful history, sample our restaurants, rate pools and present issues and observations.
- To add parking and renovate, The Standard wants a zoning change
- Belle Isle polling place moves to City Hall on Tuesday
- Town Hall meeting on Zika tonight at 6 p.m.
- Critical Mass rides on this Friday night; plan your evening driving accordingly.
- Venetian drawbridge construction starts soon, and here’s how to learn more about it
- A 13-year-old took a brief joyride — before slamming into 3 people walking, cops say January 22, 2018
- Woman and child injured in hit-and-run in Miami Beach January 21, 2018
- He faked being a cop on Twitter and got busted, but state declines to try case January 18, 2018
- He’d never been to Miami or on a boat. So he took a train, stole a yacht and chaos ensued. January 18, 2018
- DiCaprio pal. Clinton surrogate. Beach mayor. So why don’t Florida voters know him? January 18, 2018
Belle Isle Archives