Belle Isle residents will get updates on a variety of public and private construction projects on and around our island when the Residents Association meets Tuesday night.
Among the items on the agenda:
– We’ll learn the latest timetable for switching the toll collection on the Venetian Causeway to Sunpass, and how that may affect annual pass renewals, which happen each May.
– The Florida Department of Transportation will provide an update on the Alton Road construction project, which has disrupted traffic throughout the east side of Miami Beach.
– The city will report on the sulphur odor on Belle Isle and around the park, as well as the park landscaping.
– The city will explain the delays on the Collins Canal bikepath, a partially completed project that was due to be finished last year. The pathway is mostly done, but lighting and landscaping are not.
– We’re get a report on the Sunset Harbour pumping station project, designed to reduce flooding in that neighborhood.
– The Belle Isle Residents Association will update several development projects near us — the 17th Street Marriott Residence Inn, proposed apartment on Belle Isle at the Belle Isle Key apartment location and a proposed parking expansion and renovation at The Standard.
Sent from my iPad