What happened at Tuesday night’s Nine Island Avenue condo board meeting on Belle Isle?
Nothing exciting, nothing contentious, just the basic business of running a big condo, Belle Isle Blog is happy to report. The new management company, KW, seems to be doing an effective job, president Jeff Stokols and board members said.
Well, there was one moment when the volume rose. Board member Mora Israel said the old management company, the Continental Group, “lied” in a letter that hit homeowner mailboxes last week alleging that porters under Continental’s employ, who were let go with the management change, could have stayed at Nine Island without a fee to the building. The first time board members heard that, Israel and Stokols said, was when the letter, dated June 28, arrived in the mail July 7.
“That letter was garbage, nothing but lies.” Israel said.
Here are the other highlights:
– The floors are cleaner, and so are the brass fixtures, the elevator floors, and the parking garages
– KW is investigating bringing concierge services to the building, as well as a Sundry Shop and ATM machine.
– The building is getting an air conditioning maintenance contract, and the temperatures in the hallways will become more consistent.
– A new landscaping company will charge less, provide the same services plus maintain the sprinkler system. The new company handles Grand Venetian, Apogee and Trump.
– A company named Cliffhanger is being hired to clean condo windows — and balcony railing glass as well.